Week 14th - 20th April
Programme for Holy Week:
Maundy Thursday, 18 April: There are no morning masses at our parish.
At 9.15 am at St John’s Co-Cathedral, the yearly mass concelebrated by all priests includes blessing of Holy Oils and renewal of Priestly Ordinations. All are invited to attend.
6.30 pm – Solemn Commemoration of the Lord’s Supper
Mass is followed by a short procession with the Holy Sacrament to the Altar of Repose in the parish hall.
Adoration and individual visits are held as follows:
8pm – 9pm: Silent Adoration
9pm – 10pm: Communal Adoration
10pm – 11.30pm: Silent Adoration
11.30pm – 12.00am: Prayers for the end of the day.
Good Friday, 19 April – Day of Fasting and Abstinence
In the parish hall:
7.00am: Silent Adoration
9.00am: Morning prayers
9.30am-12.00pm: Silent Adoration (Confession will be available).
In the Parish Church
3.00pm: Solemn Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion
Holy Saturday, 20 April
8.00pm Mass and Solemn Commemoration of the Easter Vigil
Easter Sunday, 21 April
Mass at 7.15am, 8.30am, 9.45am, 11.00am, 12.15pm and 6.30pm.
The parish office will be closed between Monday 22 and Saturday 27 April.
2. On Easter Sunday, all children are invited to bring their Easter eggs and figolli to be blessed after the 9.45 Mass.
3. Catechism lessons end on 15th and 16th April, recommencing on 29th and 30th April.
4. Wednesday, 17th April at 7.00 pm, the Archbishop Charles J. Scicluna will lead the Way of the Cross, starting at the statute of Christ the King (in front of Phoenicia Hotel), and ending at St John’s Co-Cathedral.
5. Week of Sacrifice, 12-19 April: Collection boxes are in the church to collect funds for the Social Assistance Secretariat of the Catholic Action. This is the only yearly collection for this worthy cause, which helps many of our brethren in need. Please be generous.
6. The next parish outing is on Wednesday, 24 April, with transport leaving at 8.30am for Selmun.
7. Airconditioners: As announced last week, installation of the new airconditioners will soon start. The total cost for the new system is €33,000. Last weekend’s collection amounted to €5,000. Many thanks for your generosity. Contributions may be made by contacting the Parish Priest.