Week 16th-29th June 2019
16th – 22nd June 2019
1. On Saturday, 22nd June at 10.00 am, children in our parish will receive the First Holy Communion The 9.00 am Mass will not be held that day.
2. From Monday 17th to Friday 21st June, all masses (7am, 8am, 6.30pm) will be held in the parish hall, for the gypsum work to be continued.
3. Sunday, 23rd June, is the Feast of Corpus Christi. The 9.45 am mass for children will not be held that day, as children are invited to attend the special celebratory mass at 6.30pm. Those children who have received their First Holy Communion are especially invited to attend, wearing their holy communion dress.
All are urged to attend this Mass and the Procession with the Holy Sacrament after mass. The procession will leave the church and go through Triq tal-Ibrag, Triq M Pianta, Triq G Lebrun, Triq in-Nofs, Triq il-Kwarta, Triq il-Kartocc, to Triq tal-Ibrag and back to the church parvis, where the blessing will be given.
4. On Sunday, 30th June, the Mobile Blood Donation Unit will be in front of our parish church from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm. We urge you to give blood. You are reminded to take your ID card.
5. A new group for young people in our parish (both girls and boys born in 2007/2008) will be starting soon. The group will be part of ZAK (Youth Catholic Action) and will meet every Wednesday from 6.30-8.00 pm, in the youth centre (below the catechism centre). Please see the posters for further information.
6. The Faculty of Theology is offering several courses in theology, bioethics, business ethics, environment ethics, as well as a number of scholarships. Please see the poster on the noticeboard for further information.
7. Now that the hot weather is with us again, may we remind you that we should enter the church decently dressed, and that sleeveless or low-cut clothing is not suitable. Shawls are available near the church doors.