Week 11th - 17th March 2018
11 - 17 March 2018
1. Family visits and blessings will continue this week on Tuesday and Wednesday, 13th and 14th March, in Triq Fuq il-?onna.
2. A reminder regarding the programme for Holy Week in our parish, which can be found in the middle pages of Flimkien, and on the parish website.
3. Commemoration of Our Lady of Sorrows, on Friday 23rd March:
Mass is celebrated at 7am, 8 am, & noon. At 5.15 pm there will be mass, followed by a procession with the statute of Our Lady, which will pass through Triq l-Ibrag, l-Istasija, G. Lebrun, In-Nofs, Il-Mezza, Mizura, and back to the church. After the procession there will be another mass.
4. Palm Sunday, 25th March:
We meet at 9.00 am near the Swieqi Local Council, where the palm and olive branches will be blessed. The procession will then proceed to the church for the 9.45 am mass. Children are especially invited to take part.
5. The next parish outing will be held on Wednesday, 14th March. After the 8.00 am Mass, transport will depart for Selmun at 8.30 am in front of the Church.
6. A course in preparation for Christian marriage will be held in our parish, from Saturday 7th April for 5 afternoon sessions. To register, contact the Parish Priest.
7. Those interested in joining the choir , directed by Dr Anthony Vella, which sings once monthly in the 12.15 pm mass, should please contact the Parish Priest.
8. During this week, a group of young people from the University Chaplaincy will be on the church parvis, to collect funds for their overseas voluntary work with vulnerable and poor people.
9. In the coming months, the blood donation unit will be in our parish. In the sacristy, there are forms for those who wish to donate blood. There are also forms for registration as organ donars. Those interested may speak to the Parish Priest.
10. A prayer meeting will be held in the parish hall on Monday, 12 March, at 7,00 pm. This is a monthly meeting, held every second Monday of the month by Praise the Name of Jesus English Speaking Prayer Group. All are welcome.