Week 3rd - 9th March
THIS WEEKEND’S SPECIAL COLLECTION IS IN AID OF THE PARISH.
1. On Sunday, 3rd March, communal adoration will be held at 3.00 pm in the Chapel of Adoration.
2. A Carnival Party is being held for all children, on Tuesday 5th March, from 3.00 – 5.30 pm, in the Parish Hall. Tickets may be bought at the door.
3. Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, is on 6th March; we are encouraged to find time to attend Mass at the beginning of this important time for Christians. After the 6.30 pm mass, there will be communal adoration. Therefore, adoration this week will be on the Wednesday 6th, not Thursday 7th March.
4. On Friday, 8th March, at 7.30 pm, a Healing Service will be held, led by the Charismatic Movement in the Parish Church. All are invited to attend.
5. During Lent, before Mass on Sunday 10, 17, 24 and 31 March, a short explanation will be given on one of the four principle sections of the Mass, i.e. the Introductory Rites, the Liturgy of the Word, the Liturgy of the Eucharist, and the Concluding Rite (Blessing).
6. This month’s Parish Outing will be on Wednesday 13th March. Transport leaves at 8.30 am for Senglea, where mass will be celebrated in the Chapel of the Redeemer. Booking is to be made with Miriam Cassar Aveta not later than Sunday, 10th March.
7. The next Cana course in preparation for Christian marriage will commence on Saturday 11 May, 3.00 – 7.00 pm, for 5 consecutive Saturdays, in the Ibrag Parish Centre.
8. The prayer meeting for the sanctification of priests will be held on Saturday 9th March at the Ta’ Xbiex Parish Church, starting at 9.00 pm with Mass and continuing with adoration until 11.00 pm.
9. The Lenten Sermons in our parish are as follows:
(a) Morning: after the 8.00 Mass, on Thursday 21 & 28 March, 4 & 11 April, led by Mons Victor Grech.
(b) Evenings: after the 6.30 pm Mass, from 18-21 March, led by Fr David Cilia.
10. The Missio Office is organising a fund-raising marathon on the broadcasting media, on Saturday 16th March, from 12.00 noon to 12.00 midnight. The funds are to help churches in mission lands in carrying out projects for the poor in their parishes.