Week 10 - 16th March
10 - 16 March 2019
1. During Lent, before Mass on Sunday 10, 17, 24 and 31 March, a short explanation will be given on one of the four principle sections of the Mass, i.e. the Introductory Rites, the Liturgy of the Word, the Liturgy of the Eucharist, and the Concluding Rite (Blessing).
2. This month’s Parish Outing will be on Wednesday 13th March. Transport leaves at 8.30 am for Senglea, where mass will be celebrated in the Chapel of the Redeemer. Booking is to be made with Miriam Cassar Aveta not later than Sunday, 10th March.
3. The next Cana course in preparation for Christian marriage will commence on Saturday 11 May, 3.00 – 7.00 pm, for 5 consecutive Saturdays, in the Ibrag Parish Centre.
4. The Lenten Sermons in our parish are as follows:
(a) Morning: after the 8.00 Mass, on Thursday 21 & 28 March, 4 & 11 April, led by Mons Victor Grech.
(b) Evenings: after the 6.30 pm Mass, from 18-21 March, led by Fr David Cilia.
5. The Missio Office is organising a fund-raising marathon on the broadcasting media, on Saturday 16th March, from 12.00 noon to 12.00 midnight. The funds are to help churches in mission lands in carrying out projects for the poor in their parishes.
6. On Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March, the Diocesan Centre for Vocations is holding a camping live-in for young people aged 15+ at the Seminary in Tal-Virtu, Rabat. This is an occasion for reflection on the theme “Update”. Further information may be obtained from the Parish Priest or by phoning 79953557.
7. The winner of the Sponsors Club for February is No 614.
8. Let us pray for Francis Preca and Rose De Gaetano, who passed to eternal life this week.